CFA is seeking qualified candidates to fill four (4) Regional Technical Assistance Coordinator roles as part of the 2017 Farmers’ Market Support Program (FMSP).
Each Technical Assistance Coordinator will communicate with, collaborate, assist, and empower KY farmers’ in a specific region (regions will be determined according to best qualified applicants). They will also work collaboratively within FMSP and with the Kentucky Department of Agriculture to provide assistance across the state as needed.
These part-time positions will comprise the Regional Technical Assistance Team, led by the Farmers’ Market Support Program Manager.
The Technical Assistance Team will provide technical assistance to markets in the FMSP for the following:
- Incentive(s) program(s) implementation and record keeping
- Marketing strategies, planning, and implementation
- Farmers’ Market manager training, and consultation
- Assist with monthly webinar trainings, newsletters, and other farmers market related communications
- Coordinate with markets to hold CFA promotions or events
- Facilitate as needed with farmers, market stakeholders, and market leadership in supporting their markets
- Assist with the creation and curating of the FMSP online toolkit
Ideal candidates will have experience in some or all of the following:
- At least two years managing a farmers’ market
- Served on a farmers’ market leadership committee for at least one season
- Creating and executing a marketing plan for a small business, including a social media
- Knowledge of state and federal rules and regulations related to farmers markets.
- Able to attend farmers markets in their region during operating hours
- Have a vehicle and be willing to travel throughout their “region”
- Have experience in a leadership role in a farmers’ market
- Be courteous and considerate of all perspectives, backgrounds, experiences, and worldviews
- Excellent in verbal and written communication
- Be self driven and organized
The FMSP TAC positions are consulting positions with an expected 10 hours per week (annual average = 480 hrs./year) at $20 per hour with travel expense allowance.
For more information or to apply please contact James Cochran FMSP Manager, james(AT)cfaky(Dot)org