Position: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (AA)
Location: Berea, KY
Base Salary: $15/hour (est. 20 hours/week)
Target Start Date: July 1, 2018
Application Deadline: None, open until filled
The Administrative Assistant (AA) supports the Executive Director (ED) and the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) in Community Farm Alliance’s administration and financial management.
The AA is primarily responsible for entry-level administrative tasks, including filing and data entry, database management, staff supplies, bank deposits, weekly bookkeeping, and others as assigned.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position working an estimated 20 hours/week. This is considered an entry-level, training position with possible development into full-time.
- Reports regularly to the Director of Finance and Administration
- As assigned, assists CFA’s staff with additional duties including, but not limited to, preparing for the annual membership meeting and fundraising events, miscellaneous program events, mass mailings, supply/tech requests, and office cleaning
- Assists DFA with necessary scanning, copying, filing, and data entry
- Assists DFA with bi-monthly disbursements
- Helps track staff time accounting for vacation days, sick time, comp time, and prepares reports for the DFA
- Trains with the DFA in CFA’s bookkeeping system (primarily check ledger and cashflow workbooks)
- Trains with the DFA to prepare financial reports for the Board
- Assists with project and program invoices
- Assists with new hire onboarding and reporting
- Audits personnel files as needed
- Handles information requests and performs clerical functions such as preparing correspondence
- Ensures overall office functionality, including cleaning, equipment, and supplies
- Assure the proper recording, tracking, and reporting of gifts and that all gifts are recognized by the organization
- Assure that tax deductible donations receive letters of receipt
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills (especially proofreading)
- Must be able to self-organize and efficiently task switch
- Must possess excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must be comfortable with the suite of Microsoft Office applications and web-based applications such as WordPress and online database management systems
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in bookkeeping and records management preferred
- Familiarity with QuickBooks or other accounting software a plus
- Committed to Community Farm Alliance’s mission and values
- Committed to advancing diversity
- Able to perform in a variety of environments and diverse social settings
- Able to initiate contact with persons not known, in person and by phone
- Able to occasionally travel throughout the state and accommodate a work schedule that will include occasional evening and weekend commitments
- Must have reliable transportation and a mobile phone
- Able to take directives, but still be self-motivated; able to work independently as well as in a team; work well under pressure; be a creative thinker and be a good problem solver
- Open and honest – must enjoy working with people!
Please send the following application materials to Victoria Wheeler, Director of Finance and Administration:
- a resume
- a cover letter
- two writing samples
- three professional references
- two personal references
By mail: P.O. Box 130 Berea, KY 40403
By email: (preferred) victoria(at)cfaky.org with subject line of “Administrative Assistant.”
Questions regarding the position can be submitted to this email address as well.
Please no phone calls about this job.