CFA’s 2020 Kentucky Legislative Agenda
- Build Support for Healthy Food and CFA to lay groundwork for 2021 efforts to establish a Healthy Farm and Food Incentive Fund.
- *Farms to Food Banks: Increase Farms to Food Banks funding to prior level of $600,000. Extend the sunsetted state income tax credit for farmers who donate to nonprofit feeding programs and increase to 20%.
- Tobacco Settlement Funding: Reject attempts to raid the Kentucky Agriculture Development Fund to balance the state budget.
- *Public Safety Nets: Oppose harmful changes to Medicaid and SNAP, including but not limited to work requirements, mandatory copayments, and EBT card photo IDs.
- *Energy Options: Oppose net metering or related bills that suppress Kentucky’s homegrown solar industry and empower utility monopolies.
* = CFA taking the lead from a partner organization
2020 Non-Legislative State Administrative/Regulatory/Policy Efforts
- Reinstate the defunct advisory board for the state parks local food purchasing statute to meet current expectations
- Restore the “pride” in the KY Proud program
- Research soil health policy opportunities in KY