Position: LOUISVILLE LOCAL FOOD PARTNERSHIP COORDINATOR
Location: Greater Louisville Metro
Salary: $38,000 base with generous health, dental, vision and other benefits
Starting Date: Open until filled; ideal start date February 2023
About Community Farm Alliance (CFA):
Community Farm Alliance is a statewide, grassroots-membership organization that strives to bring a voice on issues affecting family farmers and local food consumers to both state and national policymakers. Since 1985 CFA has led major innovations in Kentucky’s agriculture, food, and community policy development.
CFA has over a thousand passionate, committed members from across the Commonwealth. Our members are a mix of urban and rural, farmers and non-farmers, rich and poor, young and old. The “community” in Community Farm Alliance is not defined by geography but by values that govern good stewardship of land, family, and community.
Community Farm Alliance’s Staff is the organizations’ biggest asset; therefore it is the organization’s goal of attracting and retaining the most qualified staff possible by providing its staff with a fair living wage.
The COVID-19 pandemic and the national reckoning on race and equity events exposed issues that highlighted the importance of providing CFA staff with appropriate benefits to maintain their personal well-being and to uphold the equity values of the organization, including greater staff participation in organizational development and increased transparency.
CFA is looking for new staff members with not only a passion for the work but a commitment to equity and these organizational values.
Community Farm Alliance’s Louisville Local Food Partnership Coordinator (LLFPC) is responsible for coordinating and implementing the Partnership for a Greater Louisville Food Council and Food Vision, which is a 2-year planning and design initiative to reevaluate the post-pandemic local food system landscape, create a Greater Louisville Food Council (GLFC), and develop the Louisville Food System Vision 2030.
The goals of the Partnership are to coalesce broad stakeholder buy-in around goals of decreased diet-related health disparities, increased food justice and food security, food system resilience and climate change mitigation, and equity across the Louisville foodshed. Guided by a new Greater Louisville Food Council, Food Vision 2030 will be an multi-year strategic plan that provides a road map for achieving a more equitable and sustainable local-regional food system and which identifies and employs substantial investment of public and private funds to achieve these goals.
Strong candidates will demonstrate the following:
• Skill in project management, budget tracking and management, organization, and time management
• Knowledge and passion about food systems, food justice, and racial equity
• People-minded organizing and communication skills that value relationships and trust
• Experience working with diverse stakeholders including residents, community leaders, non- and for-profit organizations, and members of city/county government
• Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color, in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse audiences
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
• Experience or connections to Louisville, KY; particularly areas and communities in Louisville that have been historically disenfranchised
• Must be able to commit to working for CFA for at least two years
• Proficient with the suite of Microsoft Office applications and Google Suite
• Experience and/or willingness to thrive in a fully remote environment
• Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, manage multiple projects, while being a committed staff member
• This is a remote position and applicants must be able to work from home
• Commitment to CFA’s mission, vision, and values
• Commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Ability to perform in a variety of environments and diverse social settings
• Ability to initiate contact with persons not known, in person and by phone
• Ability to occasionally travel throughout the state and accommodate a work schedule that will include occasional evening and weekend commitments
• Ability to take initiative, be self-motivated, work independently as well as in a team, work well under pressure, be a creative thinker and, be a good problem solver
• Open, honest, and enjoy working with people!
The annual salary for this position is $38,000, commensurate with experience. Very generous benefits include fully-paid employee and dependent health, dental, and vision insurance.
Paid vacation days, personnel days, and a generous holiday schedule including one week during the summer/fall and the last week of December, as well as a flexible work schedule.
Other Things to Know
- This position will be open until filled
- This position requires a full-time, flexible 40-hour week/schedule
- The position is grant-funded for two years with potential for further employment.
- CFA staff members receive an annual cost of living pay adjustment
Community Farm Alliance is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit. We work to organize and encourage cooperation among rural and urban citizens through leadership development and grassroots democratic processes to ensure an essential, prosperous place for family-scale agriculture in our economies and communities.
CFA seeks to build an organization of diversity
Send application materials as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Louisville Local Food Partnership Coordinator” addressed to Martin Richards, Executive Director.
Please include as PDFs:
• Cover letter
• A resume
• 3 professional references
Questions regarding the position can be submitted to this email address as well. Please no phone calls about this job.
For more information on the responsibilities of this position, please go here.