Skip to content
- Crowe, Lacy, Columbus; “Barriers to Food Security and Community Stress in an Urban Food Desert”, Urban Sci. 2018, 2(2), 46;
- Caughron, Jonathan Randel, “An Examination of Food Insecurity and Its Impact on Violent Crime in American Communities” (2016). All Theses. 2565.
- United States Department of Agriculture, “Access to Affordable and Nutritious Food: Measuring and Understanding Food Deserts and Their Consequences” (2009).
- New York Law School Racial Justice Project., “Unshared Bounty: How Structural Racism Contributes to the Creation and Persistence of Food Deserts. (with American Civil Liberties Union).” (2012). Racial Justice Project. Book 3.
- Weissman, Sarah K., “Comparing the Physical and Psychological Effects of Food Security and Food Insecurity” (2017). Senior Honors Theses. 515.
- Chilton, Rabinowich, and Woolf, “Very low food security in the USA is linked with exposure to violence” (2013). Public Health Nutrition. 1-10.
- Kent, Berneta & Kadrie, Mountasser & Craig, Ronald & McDoniel, Scott. (2014). Food Insecurity as a Factor in Felonious or Misdemeanor Juvenile Crimes.
- Ian K McDonough, Daniel L Millimet, “Criminal Incarceration, Statutory Bans on Food Assistance, and Food Security in Extremely Vulnerable Households: Findings from a Partnership with the North Texas Food Bank”, Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Volume 41, Issue 3, September 2019, Pages 351–369,
- Child Food Insecurity: The Economic Impact on our Nation A report on research on the impact of food insecurity and hunger on child health, growth and development.